Who am I?
Fran Carter is a sole trader hairdresser and hair stylist based in Sussex.
Where do I collect personal information?
I collect personal information through any of the following methods:
• The Fran Carter website – www.fran-carter.com
• Online form if you contact me through this website
• Electronic messaging (when you discuss your appointment or event with me, for example)
• In person
What type of information is collected from you?
Accessing my website does not require you to create an account (where you provide personal information such as name and email address). However, it collects your IP address and information regarding what pages were accessed and when.
Personal information (name, mobile phone number and email address) is collected.
Photographs may also be taken with your permission.
How is your personal information used?
I may use your personal information to:
• register you as a new customer
• communicate with you regarding appointments, and discuss your event and / or styling
• provide you with a service (including managing payments)
• contact you in response to a specific query
Who has access to your information?
I will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute or release your personal information to third parties. I will also not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third party service providers working on our behalf: Your information may be accessed by my webmaster as part of their service to maintain and improve the website. However, they will keep your information secure not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
I may also transfer your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
• to request access to your personal data
• to request correction of your personal data
• to request erasure of your personal data
• to object to processing of your personal data
• to request restriction of processing your personal data
• to request transfer of your personal data
• to withdraw consent
You can check and update your personal data with me each time you visit the salon.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, please contact me by and I will handle your request in accordance with the law.
Storing and securing your data
I do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Non-sensitive details (like your email address) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while I strive to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once I receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Hairdressing client information is kept on paper record cards locked in my studio.
I keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
Last updated: 24th August 2020